NANNY SHARE OPPORTUNITIES!
Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel that one of the Nanny Share searches below are a match for your family’s requirements:
470 Friedrichshain – 1mo – asap start, open ended – 12 hours/week
The family: can be present to share care with the Nanny initially, Mum will be working from home.
The child: 2 months old
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 13.00 to 17.00.
The Nanny: speaks Italian, English and Rumanian and can care for infants.
We are looking for: a child of similar age or older in Friedrichshain or neighboring boroughs.
340 Mitte – 3mo (due October 2019) – December 2019 start, open end – 25h/week
The family: need the Nanny to start when Mum will return to work after her maternity leave.
The child: 3 months old
Schedule: approx. 10.00-18.00 for a max of 25h per week (exact schedule to be decided with the Nanny)
The Nanny (search is underway): should be a native English speaker with experience in infant care.
We are looking for: a child of similar age or older in Mitte or neighboring boroughs.
465 Friedrichshain – 2yo – asap start, open end – 40h/week
The family: have just moved to Berlin and are looking for a KiTa spot, although it is unlikely that one will be found before Christmas or possibly as far away as August 2020.
The child: 2 year old
Schedule: Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00
The Nanny (search is underway): German, Lithuanian or English speaker, motivated to find activities and other socializing opportunities for the children.
We are looking for: a child of similar age ,whose family is based in Friedrichshain or neighboring boroughs.
445 Charlottenburg – 5mo – 15th January start, 31st July end – 40h/week
The family: know that their child will start KiTa on August 1st 2020
The child: 5 months old
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 09.00-17.00 on three days, plus one short weekday and one long weekday.
The Nanny (search is underway): French, German or English speaker
We are looking for: a child of any age, whose family is based within a reasonable commute from Charlottenburg.
What are Nanny Shares?
Nanny Shares are arrangements in which a few families pool resources in order to share the care and the cost of a Nanny. Nanny Shares can be:
- Vertical, with all hours of care shared and all children looked after together
- Horizontal, when families share the same Nanny but at different times during the week
- A combination of vertical and horizontal
- Fixed, always hosted in the same family home
- Itinerant, changing location at regular intervals
- A combination of fixed and itinerant
- Regularized though an employment contract
- Regularized through a freelance agreement
What can Extra Arms do?
We have set up the Facebook group “Share a Nanny in Berlin“ to help families who want to share a Nanny to find each other. Find and join this group to start talking to other families!
- We can put you in touch with other families who want to share a Nanny and are searching for their Nanny through us (see above).
- We can advise on what type of set-up would be most appropriate to your Nanny Share.
- We can put you in touch with collaborators who can help you navigate the KiTa Gutschein paperwork and, in some cases, claim reimbursement to fund private childcare.
- We can help you find your Nanny!
- We will be there to mediate and support you in reaching consensus with your Nanny and Share Family/ies to ensure your Nanny Share is well managed.