What are Nanny Shares?
Nanny Shares are arrangements in which a few families pool resources in order to share the care and the cost of a Nanny. Nanny Shares can be:
- Vertical, with all hours of care shared and all children looked after together
- Horizontal, when families share the same Nanny but at different times during the week
- A combination of vertical and horizontal
- Fixed, always hosted in the same family home
- Itinerant, changing location at regular intervals
- A combination of fixed and itinerant
- Regularized though an employment contract
- Regularized through a freelance agreement
What can Extra Arms do?
We have set up the Facebook group “Share a Nanny in Berlin“ to help families who want to share a Nanny to find each other. Find and join this group to start talking to other families!
- We can put you in touch with other families who want to share a Nanny and are searching for their Nanny through us.
- We can advise on what type of formal set-up would be most appropriate to your Nanny Share.
- We can put you in touch with collaborators who can help you navigate the KiTa Gutschein paperwork and, in some cases, claim reimbursement to fund private childcare.
- We can help you find your Nanny!
- We will be there to mediate and support you in reaching consensus with your Nanny and Share Family/ies to ensure your Nanny Share is well managed.
This website uses no cookies at all! For more info on how we protect your privacy. Got it Privacy
Privacy & Cookies Policy